Cannabis has caused a revolution like no other that it gained popularity in a short duration. The emergence of cannabis in the medical industry has been a strong place to start for the plant during its re-entry into mainstream usage.
From going through a dramatic transition from being a schedule 1 drug to becoming an accepted treatment for conditions such as multiple sclerosis, the journey of marijuana is quite fascinating.
As the internet flooded with cannabis and its benefits to humans, it is also good to expand our knowledge in this segment to know how it can benefit our beloved dogs.
Dogs, just like humans, can receive a lot of benefits from this amazing plant. It can help them with a chance at a better lifestyle and aid them during health conditions. But of course, the first question that pops as a responsible pet owner is about the safety of Cannabis use.
Is CBD Safe for My Dog?
Cannabis has two important components that are responsible for its effects. THC and CBD play a vital role in bringing the various health benefits possible from this plant. While THC has been a controversial substance due to its psychoactive properties, CBD, on the other hand, offers the benefits we like in the best possible manner.
CBD has no psychoactive effects and instead helps enhance physical and mental wellness effectively. It also does not cause any side effects to the users, which leaves it to be a safe and effective way of treating your pets. A study proves that hemp-derived CBD can be beneficial to dogs when administered in the right quantities. However, for maximum health benefits, you must buy CBD products for your pets from reputed sellers like CBDFX only.
Let us understand why CBD can be a desirable compound for your dogs.
How Can CBD Be Useful for Your Furry Friend?
- It can act as a painkiller: CBD is world-renowned for its painkilling properties. It is becoming increasingly popular among humans for treating pain related to conditions such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis. These effects extend to our furry friends as well.
A study shows that CBD interacts with the CB receptors of the endocannabinoid system of your dog and limits the absorption of anandamide in the body. This hike in the chemical level reduces the perception of pain. This effect can be useful for your dogs suffering from arthritis or any painful conditions.
- It can help with your dog`s stomach issues: Stomach and bladder dysfunction has become a common problem among dogs. Getting your dog to consume CBD can help improve the overall health of their digestive system.
The natural cannabinoids in the extracts will clean up the digestive tract and ensure that there are smooth digestion and stool. Improving your dog’s stomach health through such a safe method can be beneficial for their overall health. It will also improve their appetite effectively and ensure they receive all the nutrients from the food they consume.
- It can help with inflammation: CBD is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties, proven with evidence using various studies. It is among the primary reasons which make this compound of primary interest to users across the world. The effect can be beneficial for your dogs struggling from inflammation due to various health conditions.
Chronic inflammatory conditions in dogs, such as arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease generally happen due to malfunction of the immune system. The body starts to attack its healthy cells leading to inflammation. The use ofCBD oil Canada can help overcome this problem for your dog and give them relief and ease their discomfort.
- It can help with your pet`s mental health: Dogs often suffer from mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, and stress. New environment, changes in settings, noise, separation from a parent or owner, stress from travel, could be among the few causes of mental health problems in pets. When they start to show odd behavior like biting things around, barking persistently, aggression, tremors, urinating, or defecating in odd places repetitively, it indicates that they might be suffering from some mental health condition. CBD products also makes for a great pet treat, you can get your hands on them from a trusted company like Getkush.
Such conditions are tougher to treat in your dogs, as medications do not seem to be effective in many cases. The mode of delivery and possible side effects also becomes a challenge here as your dog might be resisting taking the medication.
CBD can be your way of ensuring your dogs have a better way of recovery from such mental ailments. The cannabinoids bind with the CB receptors in the brain that triggers the chemicals, creating a sense of euphoria in your pet.
CBD also targets serotonin receptors in the body and releases chemicals that cause intense body relaxation and stress relief. It can help your dog overcome fear and stress, in odd conditions and ease their mental health problems.
- It is an effective antiemetic: Dogs often suffer from nausea and vomiting due to various reasons. These symptoms mostly link to their digestive health. But there can be specific reasons, such as for dogs going through chemotherapy, where these symptoms are side effects of the treatment.
In this case, the use of CBD can bring them relief and comfort from the conditions. Nausea and vomiting could lead to loss of appetite, excess fatigue, dehydration, and weight loss. While currently, there are viable solutions available in the market, these medications tend to have intense side effects on the dog. Studies indicate that CBD has strong antiemetic properties that can ease the vomiting reflex in your dog.
CBD - Means of Delivering the Compound and Dosage
There are various forms of introducing this amazing ingredient to your dogs. Currently, the market brims with CBD infused goods, such as CBD dog treats, CBD oils, tinctures, pain relief balms, lotions, and various other forms of edibles. These are simple ways to introduce CBD to your dog in a fun and healthy way.
The dosage levels acceptable for each dog also varies. For example, if you have a dog weighing about 10 pounds, based on the dosage required for the condition, you can give 1mg for a low dose, 3 mg for a medium dose, and 5 mg for a large dose.
One drop of CBD oil is about 2 mg, and this can help you deliver the right levels of CBD to your dogs for the best benefits. The dosage levels vary based on your dog’s weight and condition requiring treatment.